After doing some research of various presentations tools, such as Prezi, HaikuDeck, Glogster, and TACKK I chose Glogster as a way for my students to make a presentation and present with. I will also do a demonstration utilizing Globster as a tool to present the lecture to the 6th-8th grade students. The lesson plan is about Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes.
As a teacher I will have the Glogster page open on the projector as the students enter the classroom. I will do a quick presentation myself and go over the material on the Glogster page, explain how the endocrine system works, and discuss some of the differences between Type1 and Type 2 Diabetes. I have one video (1:05 min) supporting how the body uses insulin to break down glucose for energy and a document displaying the main differences between Type1 and Type 2 Diabetes as I speak.
Students will be engaged by the assignment where they are to make their own Globster page in groups of three. I will distribute various topics, such as:
- Research and compare the genetic components, prevalence, treatment options, and long-term effects of Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes.
- Compare similarities and differences between the two types of diabetes.
- Body structure and functions related to Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes and the cause of both diseases.
- Research and compare the level of prevention between the two types of diabetes.
- Make a treatment plan for both Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes.
- Demonstrate how the pancreas works and how it relates to either type of diabetes.
- Display how the various treatments will affect the pancreas, body functions, and related organs.
Total Time to Work as Groups:15-20min.
The students will present their findings as groups.
Time Presenting: 3-5 min per groups.
Here is my Glogster presentation with an idea for an assignment at the end for students to complete and present.